Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bedroom Transformation

The bedroom has gone through quite an evolution since my last post about it. I tried very hard to love the blue bird and branch curtains but they just weren't clicking for me. I kept wishing they were more muted in color or just... different. So I ordered some West Elm Woodland Cotton Canvas curtains a couple months back and it was like a sigh of relief to put them up. I was (still am) totally in love with them. Sometimes it takes a little trial and error to get where you want, I guess.

The other big change in the room is that I got a new bed frame with a proper headboard, also from West Elm. I've mentioned wanting to live in a West Elm catalog more than a few times. It's becoming less of a joke and more of my reality lately. Not a bad thing. Not one bit.

ANYWAY! Onto the pictures.


I ended up getting the Mid-Century Bed in Acorn. I'd been searching high and low for a reasonably priced wood bed with a headboard and this had been my favorite find. When West Elm had a site wide sale going about 3.5 weeks ago, I pounced on it. It was just delivered and set-up yesterday.


It's a really lovely color and I love the clean simple lines, especially against all the organic painterly print going on in the curtains. It just happens to blend nicely with the color of my wood Anthropologie lamps too, as I was hoping it would.




The chair got recovered awhile back too, but what can I say? I'm a lazy blogger. The owl is actually a speaker that travels around the house with me from time to time to boost my phone's sound. The deer is a paper mache project I did ages ago. The books (TJ Maxx) and plant (Ikea) are both fake. The mirror is from Ikea. The teal finial is from Target. The Clibbon cat is Matt's from I-don't-know-where.


This guy kind of disappears in the pulled back shots, so I thought it deserved a bit of spotlighted attention. My mom bought that for me while I was still in high school, and it's survived my many moves since then.

Just for kicks, lets do a quick look at how this room has evolved since August 2012...

CurrentRoom
Phase 1
Phase 2
Phase 3: Now!

Yeah, I'm definitely a trial and error kind of decorator. But the room is finally coming along! Still on my to-do list for this room:
  • Sand and stain the dresser (it's very stained up and needs some love)
  • Possibly update the hardware on the dresser
  • Paint or find art for over the dresser (it's literally just a blank canvas right now)
  • More pillows on the bed
  • Chunky navy blue throw on the chair to add some texture

2 comments:

  1. Weird question- do you so like your bed? I have heard poor things about Weat Elm beds but I love thisbed!d

    ReplyDelete