Saturday, February 9, 2013

Union Jack Lumbar Pillow


Thought I'd share a couple pics of the project I did for myself over the Holiday season for those tired of seeing pictures of my bedroom. I've been vaguely obsessed with the Union Jack flag design (and all things British, to be honest) for just about ever and it just so happens that my Tullsta chair was in need of a better lumbar pillow. (Yes, I am aware these not exactly the traditional colors, but I love it.)

unionjackcat-005


I decided to take the hand stitched approach, despite being reasonably adept with my sewing machine and serger. It took me the better part of a day and several Christmas movies, but it was well worth the effort. The interior seams I did on my machine for the sake of speed, but I like the charming quality of the hand stitching on the outer part of the pillow.

unionjackcat-007


If you'd like to see more pictures, hop on over to Rambunctious Rosettes. Since Mika ended up in almost all the pictures, I felt the bulk of this post belonged over there.

In case you're wondering, the curtains are from Ikea, the blanket from TJ Maxx, and the cat one of a kind.

1 comment:

  1. I love these, gorgeous, really want to have some. It is different find some pretty and high quality leather hobo bags, but cwmalls.com has so many good bags offered.

    ReplyDelete