Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lamptastic Bedroom Update

After being really stuck for a few months on how to move forward with decorating the bedroom, I'm finally making some forward progress. I'm going to thank the solid grey pintuck comforter I bought awhile back for opening up my options (vs the patterned one I had before).

Several weeks back I came across a pair of lamps in our local Tuesday Morning and then continued to walk by them pretty much weekly, contemplating whether they would work in my space or not. I finally gave into temptation and picked them up yesterday. Matt didn't hate them (or love them, but not hating is good enough for me), so stay they will!

New Lamp

I was hoping they would compliment the yellow dresser and not compete with it by pulling some warm colors into other parts of the room and at least to me that seems to be the case. Eventually I'll replace that clock with something more attractive, as long as I can find something with illuminated digits.

New Lamp

The inside of the shades are metallic gold and they give off a really nice warm glow that isn't really captured well in these photos.

New Lamp

I'm loving the mix of metals with my little birdies that live on my side of the bed.

New Lamp

The lamps actually are a bit more brassy/bronzy than the gold color the camera captured here, with oil-rubbed bronze color base and finials.

New Lamp

The picture above probably captures the color the best. And you can see how they tie in the goldy colors in the peacock pillow and even the brown of my old chair (which I'd like to replace with something... taller).

There are swatches pinned to my just-for-now black curtains (in the part of the room not showing) that are being decided between for new curtains. I've given up on finding ready-made curtains that I love. I'm just going to have make my own. I think I know which fabric I would like to go with, I am just debating if it's worth paying almost double the cost for it versus the more budget-friendly alternative pinned next to it.

Decision, decisions...

In an almost entirely unrelated note, I also snagged these beauties while I was at Tuesday Morning to put away for Christmas:

Reindeer

They look convincingly like glass, but they are actually acrylic and reasonably large (the taller one being about 18 inches tall). I looked all over for a lovely set of decorative reindeer last winter, but to no avail. These will do nicely, though I will have to keep out of reach of my darling fur babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment